THE PHILLY CLICKS
Philadelphia's favorite traveling youth ensemble
Based in North Philadelphia
The Philly Clicks are a traveling youth tap ensemble based in North Philadelphia. The mission of the ensemble is to provide ambitious, pre-professional dancers with high-quality training and exciting performance opportunities in the Delaware Valley. Since 2017, the Clicks have performed at the Mann Music Center, Temple University, Fairmount Arts Crawl, The Arc of Philadelphia, the Girard Avenue Street Festival, West Park Arts Festival, the African American Museum and more! Free and low-cost scholarships are sponsored by The Philadelphia Community Tap Project, a fiscally-sponsored organization of Fractured Atlas.
1) The ensemble is open to ages 10-17.
2) Rehearsals are Sundays from 4-5 pm. Students must commit to as many of the rehearsals as possible. In order to maintain performance privileges, only two absences are permitted in the Fall session.
3) Ensemble dues are $129/session. Students who are unable to pay the ensemble dues can audition for a scholarship, or they can participate in our ensemble fundraisers. No student is turned away for lack of funds.
4) In order to maintain consistency of training, all ensemble members must be enrolled in at least one tap technique class at Sound Space Performing Arts. (Two classes a week are recommended).
5) Students will be invited to participate in performances based upon their demonstrated enthusiasm, work ethic and passion for tap dance in rehearsals. We practice as we perform!
FALL SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
Thursday, August 30
Sound Space Performing Arts
Our Fall scholarship auditions will be held on August 30 from 7-8 pm. To save an audition spot, a parent/guardian must fill out the contact form at https://www.soundspacephilly.net/form and note the applicant's name and age in the message box.
Scholarship applicants will be contacted before the audition and will be required to submit a short essay by August 30. Our youth ensemble scholarships are extremely limited and are sponsored through The Philadelphia Community Tap Project, a fiscally-sponsored organization of Fractured Atlas.
The audition will consist of a technique class and will be adjudicated by a panel of Philadelphia dance professionals.
The scholarships will apply to part or all of the fall session ensemble dues, which cover costumes, transportation and choreographic instruction.